THE CHEF ELIAN BERNADAC
My culinary journey began with my grandfather, an artist fascinated by the art of the table. It was in his kitchen in Provence where he introduced me to his delicious honey shortbread cookies in the shape of fish. Those shared moments left a lasting impression and ignited my passion for all things sweet.
My mother continued the tradition. I still vividly remember and savor the delightful apple crumble she used to make, and the raw dough she generously gave me while preparing her fig tart.
These precious moments nurtured my passion for pastry and set me on the path to becoming a Pastry Chef.
I embarked on a three-year apprenticeship in my hometown of Nantes, France. This training provided me with the foundational skills of the craft, leading to the acquisition of two diplomas: the CAP (Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle) and the MC (Mention Complémentaire).
After obtaining my diplomas, I further honed my skills at Lasserre in Paris, where I solidified my foundations.
I subsequently worked in numerous prestigious establishments, including:
• Hôtel Plaza Athénée with Alain Ducasse and Christophe Michalak, where I learned the importance of precision, meticulousness, and the finest ingredients.
• Hélène Darroze with Kirk Whittle, where creativity reigns supreme.
• Le Château de la Chèvre d’Or in Eze with Julien Dugourd, where my initial creations came to life and my expression as a pastry chef took shape.
The desire for new experiences and learning opportunities took me on journeys to Australia, Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia, and more. These countries offered more than culinary exploration; they provided sensory adventures, encounters with distant cultures and lands, all of which left an indelible mark on my art.
The encounters, experiences, and skills acquired during these travels intertwined to give birth to unique gastronomic sweet creations that reflect the richness of the world and my limitless imagination. This journey has led me to want to share my vision and passion with others.
Since then, I have had the opportunity to embark on several remarkable experiences:
• Switzerland and the Domaine de Châteauvieux, where I created dessert menus for a restaurant serving over 100 guests per service.
• Hôtel Président Wilson in Geneva, where I led the creation of menus for restaurants, brunches, banquets, cocktails, customized events, and collaborations with luxury brands such as Dior, Chanel, Cartier, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Piaget, Gucci, Prada, Nespresso, Lombard Odier. I managed a team of 10 individuals.
• Intercontinental in Geneva, where I created a boutique-style brunch, dessert menus for restaurants, catering, banquets, and constantly innovated for brunches and customized events, collaborating with luxury brands.
In 2022, I founded my own company, Elian Bernadac, which offers consulting, demonstrations, and masterclasses that have taken me to Geneva, Paris, Marbella, Munich, and Bali
THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT ME
Retrouver quelques éloges de certains guides et journaux sur mes desserts et pâtisseries.